Couple of months back, I saw a post updated in a foodie group. A person named Ajay Reddy had posted about this homemade Mirapa Podi. I had never heard about this before this, so the post made me curious about the product. I asked a few questions on that post and ordered a small packet as sample.
It cost me Rs. 70 +30 (courier charges) for a 100 grams pack of podi. It reached me within 2 days after placing an order. It was packed in a simple zip lock polyethylene pouch.
As soon as I opened the pouch, I felt the aroma of a homemade chutney (Podi is similar to chutney). It was having mild aroma of various ingredients and coriander seeds aroma was prominent out.
My first trial of the podi was with plain curd as I just love to eat lasun chutney with curd, it turned out to be just an ordinary preparation. podi had mild taste n aroma which got lost with the curd mixture.
But my second attempts was not a failure. I boiled some American corn kernels.Removed all the excess water. Added butter and sprinkled some mirapa podi over it. And yummmmmm….. it was extremely tantalizing sizzling combination. Since then I’m eating the boiled corn with this delicious podi.
It has a crunchy texture of a dal (may be chana dal) that gives a different feel of the podi.
Other ways to use the podi:
- Sprinkle Mirapa podi over your pizza/pasta instead of chili flakes, and experience a desi spicy twist to the videsi pizza 🙂
- Add some warm ghee into the podi, enjoy this mixture with idli, dosa roti or rice. It enhances taste of all.
- Sprinkle it over uttapam
- Add it to homemade bhel instead of chilli paste or powder, enjoy the spicy and slightly tangy flavors.
- sprinkle it over onion-tomato-cucumber salad / kachumber.
- sprinkle it over a toast sandwich (or inside the two slices) it will give a different tasty experience of eating sandwich.
These are all the ways I incorporated Mirapa podi, you may try out some more dishes out of it.
Contact Ajay Reddy – 9820490497 to get this homemade spicy & tangy podi.