In a wedding, it’s not only the bride who is the centre of attraction, but also the groom who gets the limelight. Hence, people need to focus on eye-catching men’s outfits just as much as they do for women’s outfits. One such eye-catching option in men’s wear is the sherwani.
If you are going for a regal look for your weddings, sherwani should be your go-to choice. A traditional Indian outfit, the Sherwani was traditionally worn by grooms from the royal families of India used to wear Sherwani on the wedding day. Gradually, it became a widespread fashion trend and today, a wedding is incomplete without this royal apparel.
But it’s not only the groom who wears a sherwani, but many people attending the wedding also prefer wearing it to look impeccable as even men have become more careful about their overall look. So, let’s explore more information about this outfit to see how it can enhance our appearance during the wedding scene.
Accessories That Complement A Sherwani
A sherwani can look incomplete without a few accessories. So, men should definitely consider trying these accessories in the coming days.
- Safa and Kalgi – A safa is a kind of stylish turban and kalgi is an ornamental piece attached to the safa. This combined accessory has a distinct regal aura that you would want in your wedding outfit.
- Dupatta – A dupatta is a narrow scarf with tassels at the ends. Mostly worn in contrasting colours, it can be an incredible accessory to your sherwani.
- Jutti or Mojari – A wedding sherwani, when wore along with perfectly matching jutti or mojari, enhances the look of the groom.
- Watches – A stylish watch always compliments a stylish outfit. So don’t forget to get a classy and trendy watch when there is a wedding coming up
Now that we have talked about accessories, let’s explore some things to avoid when picking a sherwani.
Things to avoid while selecting a Sherwani
- Low-quality fabric – As said earlier wedding is the biggest day of everyone’s life. So to make this day the most special one, you need to stick to the quality of your wedding attire. Fabric plays a vital role in the presence of your sherwani. A poor quality fabric may make it look ugly. Also, make sure to select skin-friendly fabrics to avoid the harsh effects of irritating clothing materials on your skin.
- A mismatch with fiancé’s attire – This suggestion is especially for the grooms. Ideally, your sherwani should go well with your bride-to-be’s wedding outfit. Avoid a mismatch and go for either a perfectly matched or elegantly contrast colour in sherwanis.
- Wrong colour and design selection – Though you need to consider your partner’s outfit, don’t overdo it with a wrong colour selection. The colour and design patterns should go well with your skin tone and body structure.
- Wrong fittings are too bad too – While you shop carefully considering the colour and the designs of the outfit, you need to keep in mind that best-fitted attire will help you look stunning and not the ill-fitted ones. If the fitting is not perfect, best of the materials and most beautiful designs can fail your special apparel.
Weddings in India hold a special place in everyone’s heart. It’s once in a lifetime kind of experience. Keeping all these points in mind, you need to select the best suitable sherwani to have that splendid look on your royal wedding day. You can find the latest collection of ethnic wear like sherwanis & more for weddings on Myntra.