Having a low milk supply is quite worrisome for a new mom. A baby needs to be exclusively breastfed for the first six months, hence the mom needs to have sufficient breastmilk supply for the baby’s need.
Here I share a traditional lactation cookies recipe.
This is one of the best no-bake lactation cookies recipes. This needs minimal ingredients and takes very little time too.
If you have a sweet tooth, then you surely cannot deny having these delicious yet healthy peanut balls or simply Peanut Jaggery Lactation Cookies.
These cookies or ladoo work wonders o your low milk supply and quickly boosts the breastmilk. Peanut is a great source of protein and jaggery helps to maintain the iron levels in new moms.
Combined together, peanut and jaggery helps a new mom gain strength and feed her baby very well.
Note – If you prefer having vegan lactation cookies, please skip the ghee (clarified butter)
Ingredients For No-Bake Lactation Cookies
- 1 bowl peanuts
- half a bowl jaggery or jaggery powder (can add less if you don’t want to keep it too sweet)
- 1-2 teaspoon ghee (You can skip ghee / clarified butter if jaggery is too sticky)
- You can add a little vegetable oil for making Vegan lactation cookies.
Method Of Making No-Bake Lactation Cookies
Dry roast peanuts in a pan till the time they become crunchy and leave a nice aroma
Peel the roasted peanuts and clean them as much as possible. To peel them easily, take them between your palms and rub gently. The peels will come out easily and then you can just remove them from the plate.
Add cleaned peanuts and jaggery (small chunks or jaggery powder) to the mixer grinder.
Blend them well to form a fine or coarse powder.
Add a little ghee or vegetable oil to the mixture.
Take the mixture in a plate. It should form a shape now.
Put them in the cookie or chocolate moulds of your choice.
Stuff them tightly into the cavities.
Then unmould the cookie moulds (I have used heart-shaped silicone mould here)
Your Easy No-Bake Lactation Cookies are ready to eat.
- These cookies have 10-12 days of shelf life at room temperature
- You can make these cookies in your desired shape
- You may add some dry fruits powder too, for extra nutrients
- These cookies quickly enhance the milk supply and also relieves body pain of a new mother
This recipe of peanut jaggery laddus is an age-old dessert made in our family and it is highly recommended for nursing moms by the grandmoms. A simple combination of peanut and jaggery makes it a perfect healthy snack for growing kids too. It is in fact a great snack for the entire family.
Peanut Jaggery No-Bake Lactation Cookies– Health Benefits
- These cookies are made with all-natural ingredients, hence they have no flavors and preservatives.
- Having no artificial flavors and preservatives; this can be given to the kids as a healthy snack anytime they want.
- Peanuts are a great source of good fats and protein.
- Jaggery is a good source of iron and minerals.
- If you feel you have low energy and strength, eat two cookies, and have a cup of milk. This combination will nourish you and will help you recover faster.
PURCHASE MIXER GRINDER HERE