We Indians have been making a similar coffee for years and we called it beaten coffee. But as soon as this new trend has come up from South Korea, the other version of our beaten coffee, dalgona coffee is creating storm on internet especially Tik-Tok.
In simple terms Dalgona Coffee is Nothing but a whipped coffee that we have been making for years.
During this 21 days lock down period, we definitely need something to have fun with kids. And the simple process of making delicious dalgona coffee is definitely fun for kids too. My 5 year old daughter definitely had a lot of fun during the entire procedure of making this yummy coffee. So let’s stay home and enjoy some awesome cooking-shooking moments with our kids.
So here is the simplest recipe that shows How To Make Dalgona Coffee in the simplest way.
2 teaspoons instant coffee
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons warm water
3/4 glass chilled milk
3-4 ice cubes (optional)
Note – All three ingredients i.e. instant coffee, sugar, and warm water need to be in equal quantity and you can go for any measuring scales as per requirements. I am using a small plastic cup of a 10 ml scale.
- Take a deep bowl which is very helpful to beat the coffee nicely.
- Add 2 teaspoons of instant coffee in the bowl.
- Now add 2 teaspoons sugar in the bowl
- Add 2 teaspoons of warm water in sugar and coffee mixture.
- Now using a whisk, start mixing these three ingredients.
- Give it a nice whisk and ask the kids to help in between.
- The right amount of water makes it easy to get perfectly whipped coffee within a few minutes.
- Whisk it nicely till the time the coffee becomes extremely light and fluffy and changes color from dark to light creamy brown.
Dalgona Coffee Base –
Take 3/4 glass milk and add some ice cubes (definitely optional) or use just chilled milk and skip ice cubes.
Now add the fluffy, light, and creamy coffee mixture over the chilled milk.
Enjoy the delicious Dalgona Coffee which is fun to make and yum to have. Make it within jiffies with this simple recipe of dalgona coffee.
You can also mix the whipped coffee in the milk and have thick creamy cold coffee instantly.
Step By Step Photos – Dalgona Coffee Recipe
Step 1 – Take Instant Coffee In a Bowl
Step 2 – Add equal amount of sugar
Step 3 – Add an equal amount of warm water
Step 4 – The Coffee Mixture Will Start Changing Color. Whisk Whisk Whisk
Step 5 – The coffee mixture will become creamy and start becoming light and fluffy this is where the creamy topping is ready
Step 6 – Take 3/4 glass of chilled milk and start spreading the creamy coffee mixture over it
The Creamy Yummy Dalgona coffee is ready
Your kids can join you in making this delicacy. The recipe is 90% a fireless cooking recipe except the part that you need warm water. You do that part and let the kids have the fun with the procedure.
Important Tips –
- It’s better to use whisk than an electric blender. The immersing blenders tend to leave a lot of heat to the coffee mixture and make it taste bitter and doesn’t help in getting the best dalgona coffee or even the beaten coffee.
- You can use any brand of instant coffee, especially the arabica granules give nice taste.
- Instead of chilled milk you can also take a chocolate milkshake as a base and top it with this whipped coffee
- If you are not a cold coffee lover, go for a hot coffee with similar steps and use hot milk as a base for whipped creamy beaten coffee
- You can even mix this whipped coffee with hot milk with a slow folding method and can enjoy the thick creamy hot coffee.
- You can store the whipped/beaten coffee in the fridge for 3-4 days and enjoy a beaten coffee or dalgona coffee any time you want.
Let us know which version of creamy dalgona coffee you would like to have.
1 Healthy Batter 3 Yummy Recipes For School Lunch Box
7 Health Benefits Of Almonds For Kids
5 Best Immunity Booster Foods For Kids
Suha Vijay says
Quick and easy recipe. Will try it yoday
Looks really yummy. Simple recipe . Definitely gonna try
I do not and have never drank coffee, but if I did this would be the recipe I used. It sounds delicious. My mother in law is quite traditional with her coffee, but I’m going to share this with her anyway.
Stephanie McEndree says
This looks delicious! Love that you include photos with each step, lots of recipe posts don’t do that and it makes following the steps that much easier 🙂
Amanda Krieger says
Oh my gosh, this looks AMAZING. I can’t wait to try!
Thanks for this lovely blog post. I’m definitely going to try this and follow the steps above.